Monday, January 2, 2012

It's the End of the World as We Know It

Welcome, friends, to the new year.  2012, the year that the world ends.  Again.  Yet another prediction for catasrophe.  Or maybe not-- maybe we'll just be swooped up and carted off to a new, totally new reality.  All things different-- thoughts, language, perception.  It could happen.

Perhaps that's what happened to the Mayans-- they were "raptured" into a different dimension, plucked from earth as we know it and transformed, somehow, so that they now exist on a different plane.  Maybe that's what happened.

And, maybe not.  We'll see what 2012 brings.  Eventually.

I think there's a lot going on right now that we aren't noticing, because we're so focused on things that are superficial and unimportant.  So many people spend hours watching television programs about things that matter so little.  It's a wonder to me.  I am intrigued by documentaries and biographical movies and books, but I don't watch "reality television" because I think it's an oxymoron.  And it doesn't entertain me a bit.

So much of our perspective here in the world of American influence and perception is caught up in how we are perceived, if we are "cool" or "stylish" or something like that.  Do we have the latest and greatest gadgets, do we act accordingly, do we "belong" to the "elite" group of the day...  I think there is a transformation coming, and higher thinking will be required to adjust perspectives and perceptions to the paradigm shift.  There are signs of another way, another possible truth.  And thinking will bring it forth and into fruition.

The imagination makes it possible, brings it forward, starts it rolling.  If you can visualize it, you can realize it.  Somebody once told me that.  And so that is how anything becomes reality-- it starts with a thought.

Here's another link a friend offered the other day: "real issue" that approaches the same subject...

Something is coming, I don't know what.  Could be the end of the world, could be the start of a new one.  Maybe both.  Time will tell.

1 comment:

Deb said...

There's something there, out of reach-- down the block, on the beach, under a tree...
Sorry. I had to bring music into it. I agree that the society is filled with concern over what is "cool". I delight in some television shows or movies sometimes, but it's not because I think they are "reality". Mostly I watch because I want to escape my own reality. It has become especially important this past year, when much of my reality dealt with pain. So perhaps the American people are trying to escape their own worlds, and are willing to pay whatever it costs to do so. That's why entertainers make the big bucks, right? Good stuff, buddy. Keep it coming.