Sunday, August 28, 2011

One Hundred, Take Two

Seems my count of over one hundred posts to this blog was erroneously padded by a few false drafts. All drafts have been deleted and I now sit at 98 posts. This will be 99.

So the milestone awaits further production. I know, you're on the edge of your chair aren't you. Relax and enjoy the show: I bring you something that I call ninety-nine.

99 Bottles of Beer On the Wall is not only a song, it's the name of a bar in Santa Cruz. By drinking the 99 different kinds of beer that they offer there, one can get his or her name on the wall. My wife and I both have our names on the wall, having frequented the place for more than a decade. It took several trips (many of them overnighters) to Santa Cruz to get on the wall, and almost nine years, but I did it. And my name plate says, "Ten years I'll never remember."

My wife's name plate says, "Still prefers wine."

She's the sophisticated one.

What say we take a prompt?

If you could have your favorite dinner for your birthday, what would it be?

Ah, when in doubt, talk about food.

I love my mom's tamale pie. Have had it for several special occasions. Whole olives really make it special. Yum. So I'm hungry already.

Pizza is always a hit. Hard to go wrong with pizza, although it does happen (Thanks, L'il Ceasar's). But it's hard to beat mom's tamale pie.

I just realized that I haven't had dinner yet tonight. And I'm on my own... might have to set out and hunt down me some food like right soon here.

And now is the realization that I'm distracted from my task at hand, here, in delivering to you 99. I must break for sustenance, in the interest of artistic integrity. Besides, I'm starving. So an abbreviated 99, but 99 nonetheless. I hope you have enjoyed this session.

I know I have.

No comments: